If you are one of those students who did not get the oh-so-wonderful opportunity to spend your entire summer interning and will have a lot of free time on your hands this summer, then this article is for you. So what fun things are there to do this summer? Well I am guessing that most of your money has gone to paying your college tuition or paying off all the charges you made with your ID over the school year. Some fun things that people can do that only include limited gas money (Tip: Get your friends or make friends, and then have them get involved in your plans, then ask for some gas money) include beach trips, going into a nearby city, traveling to a state park, going to your local town’s baseball game, visiting the family members you actually like (or who are willing to feed you) or going to a friend’s house so you can be bored together.
If you are willing to spend some money then you will get to do more things this summer! You can:
- Go to an amusement park
- Go out to eat
- Hang out at the boardwalk
- Go mini golfing
- See a concert
- Go tubing down a river
- See a professional sports game
- Watch a show or performance
- Sit in the nice cool movie theatre
- Walk to a nearby ice cream shop
- Get involved in a fun run
- Buy some water balloons at the 99 cent store and have a water balloon fight all over town.
If you are thinking to yourself, “Well, I don’t have enough money to do any of this,” then keep reading because the completely free stuff is about to come.
Some free things that you and your friends can do this summer include:
- Going swimming
- Having a bonfire (Tip: most people will expect food, so make each friend bring something)
- Starting pickup games of your favorite sport
- Going stargazing
- Camping out in your backyard
- Going for a walk
- Making a collage
- Finding out what free events your town has (or if your town is boring, the town next to yours).
There are always fun things to do in the summer if you really think about it. Plus, if you have friends around, then you will have fun just being with them. If that is not the case, they can help come up with ideas too. If all else fails, Google things such as “fun things to do this summer” and hopefully Google can help you out!